Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Modded Nerf Mono Blast

Basically a rare trash find I got on eBay. This thing had the top of its plunger tube broken clean off, I managed to repair to normal working condition but it broke again, this time beyond repair. I decided to kick its overall lousy stock performance up a notch and the end result is a solid little sidearm. I used the hole in the plunger tube to my advantage and glued a coupler in there, perfect fit. I kept its stock spring because its a complete pain in the ass to replace anyways. I ran a pencil trough the hollow, brittle plunger rod to strengthen it. The old gasket was dried up so I hotglued it to expand it out a bit more and then greased it up and I kept the old barrel because it made a nice 3 dart holder. I had this old mock silencer I built, and I slapped it on, and needless to say, it looks like a combo of Han Solo's pistol and one of those Olympic target pistols, and I really like how it turned out. I'm not sure on exact ranges yet but it is so much better than it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment