Monday, December 31, 2012

KWA Berretta M93 Raffica NS2 Review

Airsoft and Nerf don't have very good relations apparently. I know some may think one is better than the other but debating Nerf and Airsoft is just as bad as debating Airsoft and Paintball, or Nerf and Laser Tag. There's no comparison at all. But they're all very fun though, no doubt about it. Anyways, here's the Raffica, courtesy of an old addiction to this thing in MW2.

Ok, keep in mind this is an AIRSOFT gun. I can't just slap a range down and tell people its good like you can with Nerf. This thing takes a bit more in depthness to fully review. So far this is the only M93 that I know of that is still on the market. I know KSC made one a while back and there's a couple shitty electrics but that's all probably off the shelf now. I bought this on Evike for 175 bucks, I know its ridiculous for a pistol. But the build quality is outstanding; Everything on this thing is metal except for the outer barrel and frame which are a very high grade of polymer. KWA wanted to make sure that this pistol would last a good long time before needing parts. Stripping is pretty simple, flipping the middle switch unlocks the whole slide as long as there is no mag in the gun.


Standard mag capacity is 35 rounds, which is a nice step up from an M9's 25. 50 round HI Caps are available for 50 bucks but I didn't care for these because of the bulk. Gas goes in the bottom. Yeah, gas. Its not too popular of a propellant considering Green Gas is around 7 to 10 bucks a can and it doesn't last you very long. So I bought a propane adapter which hooks up to a Camping Propane can and you can fill it up with silicon oil to make you own Green Gas basically. CP is about 3 bucks a can at my Academy and its significantly bigger than most cans of Green Gas. I found that .20 or .25 gram 6 mm work best with this, anything lighter or heavier will either curve or drop too much.


This is a Machine Pistol, so more stability is needed when firing in the other modes that aren't semi auto. So this has a built in folding grip which I found pretty helpful when unleashing hell on opponents in Burst or Full Auto. For being as realistic as this thing is, blow back and all, I don't think real M93's can go auto, nevertheless its a very fun addition. I bought a folding stock for a bit extra in stability, it adds a bit more bulk and holstering it with it on is a pain in the ass but not impossible.


 So its fairly comfortable. If you have small hands, you may have some trouble reaching the switches, but other than that if you have experience with M9's, this feels the same with a couple helpful additions to it. On its performance, it gets around 375 FPS(I don't own a chrono) so it gets fairly nice power and destroys cans with great accuracy in all modes. With its auto and burst capabilities, this thing is a deadly secondary.

I know a machine pistol is kind of overkill for the price when you can just buy a good C02 pistol at a sporting goods store for around 30 bucks nowadays. The reason why most people get sucked into buying this thing is because of this pistol in most popular games, which is my case, but it proves to be much more than just a pistol I bought because of a game. It proves worthy in Semi Auto and it scares the shit out my friends in burst and auto, who mainly use spring and C02 pistols. They've never seen a pistol like it before and are shocked at the price tag. I would say its worth it because its very high quality, very well preforming, and its just a lot of fun. I recommend this pistol to anybody.

The Verdict
Power- Great, 375 FPS
Comfort- Smaller hands may have some trouble, but no complaints other than that.
Ammo- 35 6 mm BB (.20 or .25 gram reccomended)
Reliability- Very durable construction, may need oiling every now and then but not often.
Propellant- Green Gas but I suggest propane for the cost and amount you get.
Modes- Safe, Semi, Burst, Auto 

No comments:

Post a Comment