Saturday, September 14, 2013

Crosman Z357 Ztorm Review

I was at Academy just browsing around and I came across this. I hardly ever see airsoft revolvers, let alone any that are actually good in stores but I guess this is good time for the store since I saw some high quality guns on the shelves and for exactly $100 bucks, I picked this bad boy up because it looks badass and seemed to be high quality. Here's the review.


I'm not a huge fan of Crosman since they tend to put the majority of "Walmart" guns out there but they tend to make some nice gear every now and then, this is one of them. The Z357 is part of their Undead Apocalypse lineup and it's probably the most original(Not a repaint)and best built out of any of those guns. It has a full metal frame with a high quality plastic chamber and outer barrel and a nice looking faux wood grip that fits my hand perfectly and is extremely comfortable. The sights are adjustable and I don't know if you can field strip it by any easy means but oh well. 
The gun comes with three speedloaders in the box which is good start but I don't know if you can buy any more. Each speedloader holds eight 6mm BB's and prepping them before loading them into the gun is time consuming but what did you expect. This sucker also uses C02 so it has a good amount of power behind it and it's a more popular(And smells less like ass)than green gas or propane. The nice thing is, unlike Crosman's other C02 pistol; the C11, it does not leak gas everywhere when you puncture the canister which is nice.
I don't have a chonograph because I'm cheap and go by the box, which lists it's FPS to around 420 FPS which is more than my M93R's listing of 375 FPS. It's probably slightly less but nevertheless this gun packs very good power and works especially good with .20 gram BBs. Oh and sorry kids, fanning the hammer does not work since the rotation is linked to the trigger, not the hammer, shame.
Overall this is a very good pistol especially for the cost and I would hardly expect anything like this from Crosman on a daily basis. It looks cool, is very comfortable, and has very good power. The only downsides is the reloading time and ammo capacity compared to magazine fed pistols but other than that I totally recommend this, its quite fun.

The Verdict
Class- 8 Round .357 Revolver
Power- Great, around 420 FPS.
Comfort- Absolutely perfect, larger hands may have some trouble.
Ammo- 8 6mm BBs, 3 speedloaders (.20 gram recommended)
Reliability- Very durable construction and no jamming problems.
Propellant- C02 cartridges, fairly inexpensive.
Modes- Safe, Fire. Nuff said.

Is It Better Than?

KWA M93R- No, this is an outlandish comparison. With 35 rounds and the ability to go burst and fucking full auto, this is a pistol for the demented. It's just the $175 dollar price tag on this monster.
Crosman Air Mag C11- Yes, the C11 isn't terrible but has feeding issues and like I said earlier, sprays gas everywhere when you load the cartridge. It's got fairly good ammo capacity but the mags are cheaply made.

No comments:

Post a Comment