Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nerf Super Nite Finder

One pistol you don't want to get shot by.
This is my second attempt at making Jerm's monster pistol. I attempted this back in 2009 and failed because of my inexperience with modding at the time. So I figured what the hell and I did it again and improved on Jerm's original design with padding, a smaller form factor, and a better priming handle. Here's a fun little video of the blaster screwing up on me during a test fire. Turns out it was the seal decaying but hey, it shot like a champion and has the throne for my most powerful pistol. I'm going to rebuild the plunger head and double up on the rubber washers for a better overall seal and hopefully I'll get an actual test fire uploaded.
UPDATE
The seal was totally off center it turns out. I used double washers for a better seal on my rebuilt plunger head and I glued the plunger head together this time so it won't slip apart while its still in the blaster. I ran out of silicon grease so I just went last resort and sprayed a bit of vegetable oil into the plunger tube, and it actually works. I took some test shots and it's breaching 100 feet now that the internals are fixed. You better run, and you better run fast.
Practically full compression. Nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment