Sunday, December 7, 2014

Nerf Strongarm XD: Really?

The Strongarm is by far one of my favorite blasters of all time and I was pretty stoked when I heard an upgraded model was being released. Obviously the 75 foot range claims on the original blaster were exaggerated and it hit around the 55 to 60 foot mark most of the time so I could assume the 90 foot claims were exaggerated too. I did notice the XD dry fired much loader than the the old version so I figure they tossed in a new spring or something it but that's far from the point. The point is this, when you buy a blaster that has 90 foot ranges on the box, you expect it to have more power than the old version right? Well in this case the difference in performance between both the XD and the old Strongarm were extremely marginal. I tested both with Elites and suctions and I barely noticed any difference in power. As far as I know other guys like pSyK who tested out the Firestrike XD have said similar stuff, they're hardly different. I'm probably just going to mod this thing and move on but don't be so opted to buy one unless you don't already own a Strongarm.

1 comment:

  1. Nerf war parties are our most popular event at Homann Karate Do. our website

    ReplyDelete