Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nerf Triple Strike Autopsy

Unfortunately I can't do a full stock review on this blaster because of a curious little problem I found internally. Well, ok, to put it this way this thing sucks at firing the new standard 9" arrows as this thing normally fires the 11" variant. And it only fires two tanks instead of three. Why?

Houston we have a problem.
That's right folks, somehow the nozzle on the air tank broke. I found this shocking since this is entirely internal, but there was some tension on the stock hose when I held it in place, so it eventually snapped under pressure I concluded. It should be an easy fix but in the mean time, I tested the other tanks for results.
CPVC Couplers fit like a glove on the tanks.
I tossed couplers on all the tanks to test the potential firepower of this ugly little freak and it fires hard. Great, the handle is the right size and form but it has very square edges and its uncomfortable in prolonged use. Plus at the moment, I don't have ANY of the supplies to start modding this thing, plus the air leak is holding me back further. 

In the mean time, I going to look for a stock Longshot to keep stock for my collection, and other than that I'm pretty much going to drop Nerf for now until I get some actual stuff going. I'm working on a new side project, a web series actually. The original creator threw in the towel in August so I'm deciding to unofficially continue his work. I'm not saying what series it is so begin the speculation, but it's nothing terribly fancy, I can tell you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment