Thursday, November 21, 2013

Forza Motorsport 5: Quality Over Quantity?

This KTM X-Bow is just stunning to look at.
Being a huge car fanatic, I can't help but love racing games, Forza being one of my go to games. Forza 5 is really the main reason I went with the Xbox One over the PS4 and so far... eheh... it's not quite what I was expecting. Reading some of the reviews they sliced the car list in half, remember the good 500 cars(Which still sounds meager to Gran Turismo 6's 1200 cars) Well you can kiss that goodbye because it's now down to 200 and the track list is tiny as well. To me, this sounds like a fool proof recipe for a DLC fest, about 300+ unfinished cars and some amount of tracks just itching to be released. Turn 10 said that each car and track took a tediously long time to craft and that basically sums it up, just not enough time. Luckily they are still cranking cars out and I HOPE to see that good ol' Sauber C9 sitting in my garage again. But I'm at least glad they took more time into refining the game mechanics, which makes a better game than as many cars as you can cram into it will ever be. In the mean time, I'll just enjoy gawking at every inch of the cars I can only dream of affording in Forzavista. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment