Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Hyperion" Battle Rifle Project


Its been a while since I've done any cosmetic projects. I'm about to get 2 barely used Longshots from my friend for free and considering I use mine like an assault weapon more than a sniper, I figured I'd do this to my LS to give it a new look. Here we go.
I kind of find the whole LS BR-55 mod a little overrated (Not to mention how Drac practically bragged about his above). They look really nice if done right but I just never really caught onto the whole "Nerf/Halo" thing. In other words, I'm basing my rifle dubbed the "Hyperion" off the BR-55 mod. First of all, I already chucked in a segment of pipe in the stock to prevent it from collapsing under pressure and then a second spring from a Longstrike for a bit more power, and then cut out the ARs of course. I'm cutting the front at a different angle because I don't like how steeply cut most people do their BRs and then paint the pieces(I'm thinking red with black enamel detailing with Hyperion stenciled in white on one side) and from there its all or nothing. Im going to epoxy putty this thing to the point where I can't get it open and sand it down and paint over it so it looks nice, and this is just to fill the gaps in the shell and attach the little cosmetic piece between the stock and the bottom of the handle.

 If I fuck up, I'll still have 2 more to try again, and a sledgehammer to retrieve the parts from the failed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment