Saturday, January 19, 2013

Longstrike Fixed!


After about a year of unseen dispute with OMW over my wrecked bolt sled, I took up arms and decided to give this a try. The OMW sled apparently was too rigid and under pressure, it becomes increasingly unstable. The sled need to have some flex in it or it needs to made out a stronger material like metal so it can stay rigid but wont break. Nerf's stock sled compared to OMWs is made out of a weaker material but flexes slightly allowing it to absorb some of the stress that the OMW sled fails to do, resulting in breakage. After the repair, I fired two drum mags through it to stress test it, and no internal damage after putting 70 rounds though it in rapid succession, and it still fires hard. I still need a way to fix the two hand prime issue but I can live with it for now. I peeled off OMW's stickers and tossed them in the trash as a result of my grievances.


No comments:

Post a Comment