Saturday, January 26, 2013

SimCity 5 Beta Test!


I only had an hour to play it but it was good fun. It retained alot of element from the past games and added new ones. One notable difference is the absence of power lines and pipe networks which is now done automatically as long as the facility has road access. Avid SC2K fans will remember the Arcos, which are indeed back in action. They were not available to build but it appears to be the launch variant. Zones are simplified as well since you only have to line a zone along a road and it will expand out from that point. Oh and roads can be curved now so you can make some pretty interesting layouts. I only got the destroy my town with the twister and there were 3 other disasters in the game but not available(quake, UFO, meteors)

Maxis said this is only a fraction of what was to be in the final game. I'll keep my fingers crossed because this  is probably the most refined game in the series yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment