Thursday, January 23, 2014

jerm781's Super Soaker Flash Flood

A piece of Nerf history!
Wow, to say the least I'm pretty stunned I actually have this in my collection now. I remember seeing this blaster first posted in 2009 on Nerf Mods & Reviews and I thought it was pretty neat that Jerm took a water gun and converted it into this dart shooting beast. So when I stumbled across it on eBay 5 years later, I snatched it up in honor of Nerf Mods & Reviews recent closing. More information after the jump.



Internal shots courtesy of NM&R.
Basically Jerm went all out on this soaker. The original internal layout had a bladder system with two separate valves linked to the two nozzles on the gun. The stock pump was crap so he threw in a Titan pump which was able to maximize the bladder's full capacity and he widened out the nozzles so the air release is now instant from both. Then an Airtech 2000 turret was added to the bottom barrel and the top was couplered. To take it another step further, he tossed the Titan tank into the water tank, couplered it, and linked it to the pump so it fills both the bladder and the Titan at the same time.


End result is a blaster that can fire darts over 100 feet from all barrels easily, and Mega Missiles if the singled Titan is too much for people to handle. I did notice Jerm added some plastic around the 2k turret to reinforce it a bit but that doesn't detract a single bit of how awesome this thing is. Overall I absolutely love whats been done to this soaker and it's very modular and it will probably see action in the next war I get around going to. Jerm really knew his stuff and I'm glad I got a piece of his work.

Original Post

No comments:

Post a Comment