Monday, January 6, 2014

Nerf SuperMAXX 5000 Autopsy

This isn't even my final form!
So my SM5k arrived today and I couldn't be more excited now that I have this highly coveted rifle in my possession. I pumped it up and pulled the trigger and it unleashed a nice loud pop. Unfortunately I don't have any of the stock barrels to do a full review so I rigged up a CPVC barrel nested inside of a bored out 1/2 inch PVC pipe that fits perfectly over the tank's nozzle and it works just fine. One pump is enough to send a dart around 45 feet which is very impressive and it's no shocker that this blaster can send darts over 100 feet easily. See more info after the jump.


Internals are simple, yet effective.
The air tank is like an Air Tech 3000 tank only significantly larger which explains the massive burst of power this blaster puts out. I'm assuming thees internals are the exact same as the Small Soldiers Rifle and the SuperTech 9000(Yes kids, I'm pretty positive being more expensive does not mean more powerful.)and the SM5k's million other variants. The shell has a ton of dead space and most of it is occupied by an excessively long firing pin and air hose. I plan on relocating the tank toward the back and adding a brass breech. I might not plug the pump because I have a bunch of friends who would probably unknowingly overpump it and blow a hole in the side of the tank, just for peace of mind I guess. Other than that, I can't wait to see what I can crank out of this 20 year old design when my brass shows up in the mail. Friends, you better watch out.



No comments:

Post a Comment